A well-planned vegetarian diet is a healthy way to meet your nutritional needs. …Vegetarian diets continue to increase in popularity. Reasons for following a vegetarian diet are varied but include health benefits, such as reducing your risk of heart disease, diabetes and some cancers.
- Think about protein. Your protein needs can easily be met by eating a variety of plant foods. …
- Bone up on sources of calcium. Calcium is used for building bones and teeth. …
- Make simple changes. …
- Enjoy a cookout. …
- Include beans and peas. …
- Try different veggie versions. …
- Make some small changes at restaurants. …
- Nuts make great snacks.
Controversial study suggests non-meat eaters are more at risk of physical and mental illness, despite leading healthier lifestyles. Vegetarians are less healthy than meat–eaters, a controversial study has concluded, despite drinking less, smoking less and being more physically active than their carnivorous counterparts
healthy than meat
Some studies do not show that vegetarians live significantly longer.25,29 Two studies of people who consumed very little meat showed an average life-span increase of 3.6 years.39 A huge study of Seventh Day Adventists who ate little or no meat showed longevity increases of 7.28 years in men and 4.42 years in women